CANVAS TENTS & MORE:
Wall Tent Shop is a
DUNS #: 152032343
Idaho sales tax collected
on all items shipped to an Idaho address
Contact us by Email
Pack Saddle Shop
3071 West Twin Road
Moscow Idaho 83843
All Rights Reserved
HORSE CAMPING GEAR
Horse packing gear price varies tremendously. The price differences is usually for higher quality. If you do not pack often the mid price gear is probably ok. But some price variance is due to a shop over pricing its gear.
Basic Horse Camping Gear Required
1.Pack Saddle - must decide if you prefer decker pack saddles or saw buck pack saddles. I prefer pack saddle made from leather over synthetic materials.
2. Pack Pad- You want to make sure you buy a quality pack pad that has at a minimum 1 inch felt filler with a heavy canvas. A horse saddle pad will not work as a riding pad is normally too small and does not have sufficient padding.
3. Panniers or manties. Panniers highly recommended for beginners. You have a choice of horse panniers made from canvas, iron cloth or cordura. Traditionalist like the look of canvas. The most durable pannier material is iron cloth. Cordura is the most economical pannier. If you require more durable canvas panniers, leather end canvas panniers are available.
4. A strong lead rope with a break away string.
5. Quality halter that will not cause abrasions with heavy use.
6. Strong high line rope.
7. Scales with tab to weigh panniers at the trail head. Remember to take scale with you during pack trip to weigh panniers before trip back as panniers weight will have changed.
8. Pannier hooks if you have a decker pack saddle. Makes loading and unloading much easier and faster.
9. Top Pack or H Pack. Lash cinch to secure top or H pack. Top pack and H pack not recommended for beginners as there is a higher probability of a wreck as weight can shift if not secured properly.
10. Hobbles, feed bags
11. Trail saw to cut small trees off the trail
12. Sharp knife to cut ropes and straps in case of a wreck.
13. Horse camping gear checklist that is very detailed. Update and review checklist after every pack trip.top
Home | Specials
Pack & Gear: Pack Saddles | Panniers | Pack Equipment | Pack Saddle Parts
Tack: Saddle Bags | Scabbards | Tack
Canvas tents & more: Canvas Tents | Canvas Tent Frames | Canvas Tent Stoves | Reenactors
Information: Pack Saddle Info Guide | Pack Panniers Info Guide | Packing Tips | Pictures
Hunting Issues | Links | Customers' Testimonials with tent images
Shopping: Gift Certificates | Books by George Hatley | Check Out | Terms & Conditions
PACK SADDLE SHOP
3071 West Twin Road, Moscow Idaho 83843, 208-882-1791, ©2002
208-882-1791, 1-800-234-1150, FAX: 208-882-4297